• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hobbies 2015 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly there are motor fire engines if they used them in 1910 ... :)
The chief looks very smart with well pressed creases in his trousers.

One of my hobbies is renovating and restoring old sewing machines to working order, this is a 1876 WILCOX and GIBBS chain stitch machine which was quite a rust bucket when I got it,now does a lovely stitch.

Attachments

• DSCF5017.JPG
    DSCF5017.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5018.JPG
    DSCF5018.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF5015.JPG
    DSCF5015.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF5016.JPG
    DSCF5016.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 13
One of my hobbies is renovating and restoring old sewing machines to working order, this is a 1876 WILCOX and GIBBS chain stitch machine which was quite a rust bucket when I got it,now does a lovely stitch.
Do the repair shop know of your skills?

Bob

What shop is that Bob.
TV Programme on BBC, where skilled crafts people repair and restore treasured artefacts, a fascinating programme, full of emotion and tears, but the restorers are superb and produce work just like you have done, which is the reason I posed the question, tongue in cheek of course but in reality humble admiration for your ability.

Bob

Last edited:
TV Programme on BBC, where skilled crafts people repair and restore treasured artefacts, a fascinating programme, full of emotion and tears, but the restorers are superb and produce work just like you have done, which is the reason I posed the question, ongue in cheek of course but in reality humble admiration for your ability.

Bob
Many thanks Bob, yes it's a good programme,

Had a quick play with my computer adding colour on a 1970s B&W pic I posted before. I don't think she would look old-fashioned today.
c1970Lady.jpg

The post below (from 2016) shows 'as the camera saw her' in the 1970s
This lady wears high heels in 1970s Erdington High Street but they are not quite high enough to let her see something interesting over that wall so she stands on tiptoe in her high heels.
index.php

From Keith Berry collection.

This thread is now closed as it covers a long period - 2015 - 2019. Thank you to all who have contributed. A new thread indicating it refers to 2020 may be started if needed. Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back