• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

History of Cars.

There are aspects of car engine development in Birmingham which deserve further investigation. Ignition systems and Carburetors were made in Birmingham and during that first decade of the twentieth century it was a keen area of experiment, patent and improvement.

Ray Shill

Hi Len, this looks like a car we used to have but I always thought we had a 1936 model? was there an earlier model? it was 1950-ish, Hanks next door looked after it while I was away in the army.. Thanks nice site..

Attachments

• 1939 humber.jpg
    1939 humber.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 11
hello smithy...i am afraid that lencops is no longer a member of the forum

all the best

lyn

Hi jean
I was not aware that our dear friend and valued forum member Len had passed away
He was most valued member we had on our great forum,
I was only thinking the other day how I noticed there is a lot of our dear friends
From the past of our valued site whom no longer come on here
And Len was one of the first in my mine to notice the absence
Can I asked about our great old friend of everybody on this forum our resident Alf
As I have not heard of him nor from him for ages
I hope you and Pete are still in good spirit and do you speak to Sandra and George
By the way my daughter as come up with an o.d photo of me from years ago
So may be Rican send or get one to Sandra
Best wishes to each and every one of you all Alan,,, Astonian,,,,,

hi alan len passed away in 2011 and you did comment on his RIP thread but you must have forgotton...as already said len is sadly missed

lyn

I had the privilege of meeting Len on two occasions the second when he was in hospital. We had a joke about my one and only attempt to paint [a picture that is].

Back