• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hill Family ?? The Bookies people?

ELIZABETH1

master brummie
Hiya,
I just stumbled over some information in my family tree - seems like my family links with the HILL family of the horse breeding, coach building, Turf Accountants family. Seems my Gt Aunt Lavinia Knight married a William Hill in 1896 in Nuneaton.

I am wondering if there is anyone here researching this family?? - so far I know they had 13 children (have only found half of them so far - still searching) - I found some of this family at 32 Henshaw Road - but have to look up where this was (not sure if it's B'ham)

Just thought I'd ask on the off chance anyone knows something I don't ;D

Re: Is anybody here researchinh a Hill Family ?? The Bookies people?

Elizabeth, I have found a Henshaw Road, near 441 Coventry Road, Small Heath, Birmingham.

Re: Is anybody here researchinh a Hill Family ?? The Bookies people?

Sylvia Thank you - I shall keep a note of that - I had never heard of it and tried to search it on here and it didn't seem anyone had mentioned the road or name of family etc.. So I thought I'd ask!!

Looks like I have my work cut out for me researching this line 13 children :0)

I love the twists and turns of the bigger famillies!!

Back