• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HILL FAMILY: Electoral Roll Please. 1911 onwards.

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
Hello folks, I have found the following couple on the 1911 census & I am hoping that they were still around in Birmingham for a few more years. If anyone can have a looksee for them I would be most grateful. 1911 census: 13, Rann Street, Ladywood, Birmingham CHARLES ARTHUR PACKER HILL & LOUISA HILL. Many Thanks. Margaret

Charles Arthur Packer Hill of 7 Methuen Close,Edgware Middlesex died December 24th 1962 at Edgware General hospital.Probate London,28th May 1963 to Midland Bank Executor and Trustee Company Ltd.
He left effects of £3018 16s 5d
There were the following births in Birmingham
Births Sep 1911
Charles A P Hill mmn Pratt Birmingham 6d 82
Births Jun 1913
Louisa A Hill mmn Pratt Birmingham 6d 399

Many thanks, Linda...what a lot of info...are you connected to the family by any chance?? Thanks again, Margaret.

Further to Lady Linda's post I can only find them in Birmingham in 1912 on the E/Rolls and they turn up again in 1947 in London.

1912 E/R Charles Arthur Packer Hill is living at 3 Kensington Place, Shakespeare Road dwelling house and 13 Rann Street, Ladywood.
1947- 1959 at 6 Clarendon Gardens N.W.4. Parliamentary Borough of Hendon.
1947 Charles A P, Louisa Hill and Charles W and Emma M Raffety.
1948/49/50 Charles A P Hill, Louisa Hill and Charles W Raffety.
1951 Charles A P and Louisa Hill, Irene and Rees Lloyd, Charles W Raffety.
1952/53/55/56/57 Charles A P Hill, Louisa Hill and Charles W Raffety
1958/9 Charles A P Hill, Joan E Morgan and Thomas A Morgan.
1963 Charles A P Hill and Elsie D Hill 7 Methuen Close, Harrow.

There is a death for Charles A P Hill aged 71 registered in December 1962 Hendon 5e 612

Hi Margaret, no I'm not related!
Marriages Mar 1959 (not sure if this is the marriage of Charles senior or junior!)
Charles A P HILL married Elsie D PRATT Birmingham 9c 1279
Deaths Dec 1962
Charles A P HILL aged 71 Hendon 5e 612

Thank you both for all this brilliant info. The 1959 marriage is correct as Charles married his sister in law, the Middlesex addresses I would never have known so that is most useful...I really appreciate all your help. Thanks again, Margaret.

Back