• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Highcroft hospital

Pamelawagster

Brummie babby
Hi , has anyone any info on the hospital circa 1945 -1949.My grandfather was a patient and died there during this time. I am aware it was a mental hospital. Can anyone tell me how I could obtain his medical records?I am in Manchester so unable to visit Birmingham Archives. Thanks.

Hello Pamelawagster

I had an uncle who spent many years in Uffculm and then Highcroft and spent several months trying to track down the records. The administrators were helpful and there didn't seem to be a confidentiality problem as he was dead and I was a relative. There was however a real issue about what had happened to the records. With re-organisation and reorganisation of the Health Service it seemed no one knew where they were.

If you have any luck I would be very pleased to hear about it.

regards

Back