• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

High Speed Train 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Viv, thank you, I was just looking through the forum for info. I want to learn about Curzon Street Station.

A lot more info on this thread Kat. I have merged an earlier thread (link attached below). Viv.

Went round the ground floor of the old Curzon st when tours were allowed 2 years ago. The people there said it would probab ly b eused as a coffee bar or some such as an adjunct to the station

I have no idea how many folk here have traveled at high speed other than flight
I haven driven a car off the clock at 175 mph on the road another time I drove a car flat out over a long bridge here in Tampa Bay 170+ you can not look out the side windows because you can not focus on anything.
Lamp posts become a blur looking forward works because you can focus
. So from what I read there will be many tunnels and a good portion of the line will be a cut, so most will travel in a green gully
No looking out over the green country and enjoying the view
The idea of this has no appeal to me

For many we will not see this project through, i feel that any thing after Birmingham may not get built at all, this could be another Concord (edit) marvelous but with limited use
To put things into perspective, 175 mph is 256 feet per second!

no doubt the cost of building HS2 will get higher and higher as most ventures do but for years now i have wondered just how long it will be before the london to birmingham line will show a profit..thats if it ever does of course..only time will tell..

lyn

no doubt the cost of building HS2 will get higher and higher as most ventures do but for years now i have wondered just how long it will be before the london to birmingham line will show a profit..thats if it ever does of course..only time will tell..

lyn
Lyn, the lack of profit will be a tax increase or higher prices. The sad thing about all of these ideas while the intention is good, the patient died!

....Think we really MUST must keep more to the HS2 rails (even if they don't exist yet) and resist the temptation to drift off-topic into the surrounding countryside.......

This thread is now closed as the decision to build the line has now been made. A new thread will be posted for developments of the line in this area .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back