• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hickman family

pam1511

master brummie
I am tracing the hickman side of my family.My grandfather Alfred Hickman lived in pelham rd Alum Rock,his parents Alfred and Florence lived in Sladefield rd Alum Rock.Any further info would be appreciated.

Pam I have some Hickman's in my family tree - could be your family members?? If you want to contact me off the board I can tell what I have in information etc..

Alfred Hickman 1911 = MARRIED IREENE TITTLEY??
Elizabeth Hickman 1825
George Hickman 1902
Herbert Hickman 1876
Herbert Hickman 1900
Ivy Hickman 1911
John Hickman 1856
Leah Hickman 1899
Rosa Hickman 1903

Hickmans

Thanks Elizabeth The Hickmans I have in my family are Alfred born 1903 his father was also Alfred born1881 I think his father was John born1842 they lived in the Alum Rock area.

tracing Mann,Hickman,Trotter,Copestick,Wasley,Gould

There is a Colin Hickman who posts pictures on Virtual Brum. Many from the Alum Rock Washwood Heath area.

Last edited:
i am also looking for hickmans namely a john talbot hickman who had a daughter mary ann who married into the willmore family i believe another hickman also married into the willmores i do have more if anyone is interested but its not alot just some recollections from mary ann daughters

My maternal grandmother was Hilda Hickman (1915 - 1988), her parents were William (1889 - 1934) and Annie (nee Dolphin) (1887 - 1934). I have absolutely no info on his family, or any photos..... any help would be appreciated!

My maternal grandmother was Hilda Hickman (1915 - 1988), her parents were William (1889 - 1934) and Annie (nee Dolphin) (1887 - 1934). I have absolutely no info on his family, or any photos..... any help would be appreciated!

William is possibly the son of Thomas Hickman and Agnes Malin (spelling varies). They married in 1878.

She was previously married to Thomas Tuckey.

He had a number of brother and sisters. At least 8 and half siblings also.

William is possibly the son of Thomas Hickman and Agnes Malin (spelling varies). They married in 1878.

She was previously married to Thomas Tuckey.

He had a number of brother and sisters. At least 8 and half siblings also.
Thank you! A very useful start!

Pam , Alfred frank Hickman (b 1903 Aston), married Henriettta Louisa Wasley( b 1905 Stratford) in 1924
1930 their address is 3 Dover Place Parliament street
and 1935 has them at 74 Pelham Road.

Yes my mother Vera Hickman was born in Parliament street moved to Pelham road in the 30’s .Alfred died in 1938 from cancer .

I have completed the Hickman family tree will try and post it on here for you to view
My mother was descended from Ann Hickman (1826-1908) and I am trying to develop the Hickman familly connections. Would be interested in seeing the tree.

I am looking for more information on my grandmother Nancy or Annie Hickman 1895 -1975. Siblings = Alice, Mick, Agnes, Rhoda but who were their parents and what happened to them? I think father was Irish and perhaps mother died young?

In that case she's proving quite elusive. Not certain of anything before the marriage.

Was she born in England?

B. date12/06/1895 in Dudley, Worcs I think but as far as I aware, was brought up in B'ham. I don't know when she moved. She may have been the youngest child and she may have been in care of some sort.

I did find a possible born Dudley but of the siblings you mentioned there only appeared to be an Agnes & Alice and the father (William) wasn't Irish. The mother did die not long after Annie/Nancy's birth though.

Other siblings Philip John, William, Ernest, Arthur, Samuel & Elizabeth. No Michael or Rhoda.

Last edited:
Back