• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Normansell

D

debrapeter1960

Hello out there,
I am new to the forum and am looking forward to picking your brains with some of my family history brickwalls. My surname is Normansell, so any info on the family gratefully received, likewise Platten (my maiden name).
Cheers
Debra

Hello Debra, welcome to the Forum.:)

Normansell is a well known name to fans of Aston Villa, as Fred Normansell was chairman of the club in the 1940's / 50's. Are you connected to him?

hi bebra
and welcome to the site
the guys on here are fantastic if ever you have a prob theres always someone on here who can help you what ever the question
i should know im always picking someones brians with tracing my family tree lol
hope you enjoy your stay here
celia

hi debra welcome to the forum :) I remember there being a Normansells in the wholesale market you may be related ?:)

Hi Debra and welcome to the forum. :)
If you put both the names you mention in the 'Surnames Section ' of the forum, you are more likley to get lots of information from other members there.

Chris/Pom :angel:

Yes I believe my husband is distantly related to the Villa Chairman and we have definite links to the Normansell Greengrocer. I have managed to get back to a William Normansell born about 1730. We used to live in Birmingham but work took us to Cheshire and surprise, surprise, that is apparently where the Normansell's hailed from originally. They rented properties on a hill in Macclesfield that belonged to a Mr Norman and became known as Normanshills (Normansell)

Hi Debra: Welcome to the frum. Hope you have lots of luck in your search for the Normansell's.

Welcome Debra

I'm new too and already love the 'place'

Nice name you have to research. Good luck

John

Hello everyone
I am new to this great site. I have been reading thro it and someone knows an answer to most questions it seems.
So can anyone help me with my maiden name which is Howkins. I can go back to my great grandfather only.

Changing the subject did anyone go to Laura Dixons in Navigation Street in the early 60's. We had some great times dancing there.
Wendy

Hello, There was a factory owned by Normansells on the corner of Windmill street and Ernest Street and overlooked Exeter Place. It was a very old building, built in Victorian times and they made stampings and also items made of decorative brass, like those huge platters, fake antique pistols, swords and sailiong ships etc that used to hang on peoples walls as decoration. It was a large building and employed a lot of people until the late 1960.s, I think that it burned down eventually.

Back