• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hewitt, Brian and Jill

Heidi Perry

Eileen Joyce Hands Bunker 1908-1956
Good day to you all, I'm writing from Woori Yallock, which is in Victoria, Australia.
My mother, Jill Walters and her late sister, Greta Wareham nee Bunker, have a cousin, also named Jill. They lost touch many years ago and I'm trying to find her.
I shall be discreet and not divulge a birthdate, rather, I will say that Jill's parents were Bert East and Hilda Hands and I believe she married Brian G. Hewitt in Birmingham in 1959. Her father, Bert East Hands, apparently ran a tobacconist shop in Small Heath having left the Merchant Navy after an accident that saw him lose a leg. Tragically, Hilda died when Jill was very young.
I hope Jill and her family are still local or that others may know them and can pass on my message so we can be in touch.
I'm putting together a family tree for my Mum and would love to be able to flesh out some more names from the Hands side of the family.
Please feel free to contact me either through this group or feel free to private message me for my email address.
Thank you for reading my post and in advance, for any information you might share on my behalf.
Stay safe and well in these troubling times.
Heidi Perry nee Walters

Last edited:
Heidi,

I've sent you a private message. Click on the envelope icon top right to read.

I also suggest you remove your email address from the public forum to avoid being spammed.

Maurice :cool:

Good day to you all, I'm writing from Woori Yallock, which is in Victoria, Australia.
My mother, Jill Walters and her late sister, Greta Wareham nee Bunker, have a cousin, also named Jill. They lost touch many years ago and I'm trying to find her.
I shall be discreet and not divulge a birthdate, rather, I will say that Jill's parents were Bert East and Hilda Hands and I believe she married Brian G. Hewitt in Birmingham in 1959. Her father, Bert East Hands, apparently ran a tobacconist shop in Small Heath having left the Merchant Navy after an accident that saw him lose a leg. Tragically, Hilda died when Jill was very young.
I hope Jill and her family are still local or that others may know them and can pass on my message so we can be in touch.
I'm putting together a family tree for my Mum and would love to be able to flesh out some more names from the Hands side of the family.
Please feel free to contact me either through this group or feel free to private message me for my email address.
Thank you for reading my post and in advance, for any information you might share on my behalf.
Stay safe and well in these troubling times.
Heidi Perry nee Walters
Hello Heidi,
There is another thread on the Forum 'Breezes Sweetshop' which may be of interest to you.
Annie

Back