• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hercules Cycles- Remaining buildings

Merton Pool

proper brummie kid
In Rocky Lane, Aston, I am reasonably sure the only remaining part of the old Hercules factory, previously used by Dunlop Tyres is this building opposite Staples.

Does anyone recognise this building as being part of Hercules, I think it looks like it was used for dispatch of cycles.

Hercules, I believe, originally occupied buildings in Catherine Street, can anyone confirm any of the older buildings in Catherine St are ex Hercules?

Any ex Hercules employees on here?

Thank you

In Rocky Lane, Aston, I am reasonably sure the only remaining part of the old Hercules factory, previously used by Dunlop Tyres is this building opposite Staples.

Does anyone recognise this building as being part of Hercules, I think it looks like it was used for dispatch of cycles.

Hercules, I believe, originally occupied buildings in Catherine Street, can anyone confirm any of the older buildings in Catherine St are ex Hercules?

Thank you
Yes that was part of the Hercules building.

I think one of my late aunt's worked at Hercules during the war, her name was Hilda Spencer. I don't know any more than that I'm afraid.

Thank you
I can remember my mum telling me she used to work at Hercules, when it was known as Hercules manor Mills. If I can remember correctly, she said they used to make saucepans. I think my dad worked there too.

Back