• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HERBERT HILL

fio

Herbert Hill. 1873 to 1941? married Amy Hill, not sure which year or what her maiden name is! Born around the same time in West Riding Sheffield, Yorkshire. I have tried different spellings and I have trawled through thousands! I know some of you have access to the sites that hold this information but unfortunately, I don't. If anyone thinks they could help.... Some background: They lived at 4 Hollins Lane, Sheffield. Herbert's father was called, Charles James Hill and mother Agnes Hill. (although I am not sure if they were married!!!):oops:.
Thanks

Herbert Hill married Amy Denton, registered Jun qtr 1896 Sheffield.

Amy Denton appears to be daughter of John Denton and Annie Shannon, baptised 4 Nov 1873.

• Appreciate
Reactions: fio
Back