• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

henry harrington

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks wonder if anyone can find henry harrington b abt 1812 in dudley living in birm on the 1851 census please..

i do have it written down from years ago..think someone on the forum got it from genes..would love to see the original census...im on ancestry at the min and its not coming up at all...in 1851 henry should be a widow with 4 children living in ashted row..

many thanks for any help

lyn

carolina

master brummie
Lynn I have been on Ancestry today and it seems to have altered and not for the better. I am really struggling today with it.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Lynn I have been on Ancestry today and it seems to have altered and not for the better. I am really struggling today with it.

hi carolina...i struggle with anything technical lol....ancestry has changed a bit though but i still prefer it to genes which has changed so much so that when they had a freebie a couple of months back i gave up with it...pc nearly went out the window lol

lyn

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Handwriting terrible but when you look closely

Ashted Row.

Henry Harrington age 39 b Dudley , Groom
Joseph 15
William 13
Henry 8
May or Mary jane 6
Eliza James 32 or 52 housekeeper born Carlisle.

matches up with 1841 Heneage street.
Henry harrington age 29
Mary age 29
joseph 5
William 3
Margaret 3 months

and 1861 ashted Row.
Henry had married Lucy Pilling in 1855
Henry 49
Lucy
William Harrington 22
Henry Harrington 17
children born Pilling now called Harrington
William 15,Alice,10,Julia 8,
children of Henry and Lucy James, age 4, George age 2.

On the 1851 census the baby Margaret age 3 months in 1841 is a house servant age 10 years in the home of a Mary wilkins in Heneage street.

Last edited:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
thanks alberta i had got all that info although scribbled down..yours is a lot neater so i will print it off

henry harrington on the 1841 is my gt gt gt grandfather..ive got his marriage cert to 2nd wife lucy pilling which states thats henrys dad is john harrington..would love to find his marr cert for his first marr to mary jane but looking at the age of their first child joseph it looks like they marr just before 1837 so no marr records..just my luck lol..

thanks again

lyn