• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Henry Corbett

rowan

Born a Brummie
Hi, My first job was at Telephone House where I was for about eighteen months,I then went to Henry Cobett in Newtown Row.I was their telephonist/receptionist.I remember the lady I worked with was Mrs Davies, a lady always concerned about my health and welfare.Life seemed so much more friendly in those days and people so kind and helpful. "Rember A hug a day keeps the divorce lawyers away!"

Brother

My brother Tony worked at Henry Cobetts for a while in the sixties. I used to sneak off school and go with him sometimes. He delivered all manner of tins and bags of whatever? I always got a sandwich at a cafe out of him and a bottle of pop all to myself. Things were certainly friendlier back then somehow?

Hi Rod, I was there in the late fifties,about 1957/8.

Arnie

Robott, do you remember Arnie at Corbetts, I think he was the forman in the warehouse.

HENRY CORBETTS

I WORKED FOR J P McDOUGAL IN POTTERS HILL.
THEY WERE RIVALS OF HENRY CORBETT, BUT SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE SOME PAINT OR WALLPAPER TO CORBETTS BECAUSE THEY HAD RUN OUT. SOMETIMES I WOULD PICK STUFF UP OFF THEM THAT WE HAD RUN OUT OF.
CAN'T SEE THAT HAPPENING TODAY, EH! :roll:

Back