• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hemming Annie Cannot find Death

carojon

Brummie babby
My ancestor Annie Hemming was a patient in the Santorium in Yardley Green (Little Bromwich Hospital ) on the 1911 census. She is correctly named and her age as well 41. I know she died soon after but on BMD there is no record for her death. There is an Ann Hemming for 1912 but the age is 69. do you think it coudl be her and the age was registered incorrectly?

Thanks Carole

Re: Cannot find Death

hi Carole, bit of a long shot - have you seen the death for Ellen A Hemming Aston June quarter 1919 6d 466 aged 50, the reason I ask is because your Annie Hemming said she works for a chandelier factory on the 1911 census and Ellen Hemming born 1870 is married to Thomas Hemming chandelier maker on the 1901 census - probably just a coincidence but good luck in your search bewdley

No that is not her. Her husband was George Harry Hemming and he died at Blackheath Sanitorium in 1908. She is correctly listed as a widow on the 1911 census. His father had paid for him to goto Blackheath with heart failure .The family lived on Hobmoor Road close to the sanitorium Annie was in. There is an Annie Hemming that dies in 1916 in Evesham aged 49 and I wonder if her father in law paid for her to go there if there was a hospital
Thank for your help. Carole

hi Carole, bit of a long shot - have you seen the death for Ellen A Hemming Aston June quarter 1919 6d 466 aged 50, the reason I ask is because your Annie Hemming said she works for a chandelier factory on the 1911 census and Ellen Hemming born 1870 is married to Thomas Hemming chandelier maker on the 1901 census - probably just a coincidence but good luck in your search bewdley

On the 1911 there is an Annie Heming living in Evesham,born 1869, so the Evesham death may be that Annie

On the 1911 there is an Annie Heming living in Evesham,born 1869, so the Evesham death may be that Annie

Hi
This is the one I had been looking at but why she would be in Eversham I do not know. Does anyone know if there was a Sanitorium there?
Her husband died at Blackheath San and I presume that was paid for by his father. Her father in law Richard Hemming died the next year 1917 in Aston . Her son was indentured and went to Australia to work and her other children were in the war in 1916 or living with grandad in Hobmoor Road.
Can you tell me if there was a San there?
Thanks Carole

What I meant was that there was an Annie Hemming born 1869 on 1911 census living in Evesham,so it may have been that one!

Could she have remarried?

Marriages Sep 1911
James Russell Aston 6d 694
Thomas Allen Aston 6d 694
Ellen E Bradley Aston 6d 694
Annie Hemming Aston 6d 694

If she did remarry, there is a death for Annie E Allen recorded 1912

Deaths Mar 1912

Allen Annie E 38 Aston 6d 356

What I meant was that there was an Annie Hemming born 1869 on 1911 census living in Evesham,so it may have been that one!

Could she have remarried?

Marriages Sep 1911
James Russell Aston 6d 694
Thomas Allen Aston 6d 694
Ellen E Bradley Aston 6d 694
Annie Hemming Aston 6d 694

My Annie Hemming was in the Little Bromwich San in 1911 but you have cleared up the Annie born 1869 in Evesham and died in 1916 not mine as mine was born in Barnsley.
The idea of remarrying never crossed my mind but her grandson has no family remembering that.
Thanks

I am going to email her grandson again in Australia to see if he is sure she did not remarry. Thanks for that thought. Carole

Back