• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help

kirsty marie

Brummie babby
Hey how are you? I recently joined this site as I think it may help me in my search for my mothers father who used to own or run a chippy on st Stephens street in Aston or on elkington road in Aston or Newtown row I don't have much information about him I just now that he is Italian and named Ivanno and used to talk a lot to Joseph and Joan mee from 62 st Stephens street her daughter was called Christine and Ivanno used to live above the chip shop I would be ever so grateful if you have any information that could help me in our search for him as this is something we have been trying to do for so many years the only person that knew anything was Joan mee but she has passed away before she could tell us anything. Ivanno had a wife called Anne and two sons one called Paul and one called Carlos this is all the information I have if any one has anything it would be appreciated.

as this is a delicate subject and could relate to living persons could anyone who can help kirsty and her mom please contact her via our private message system...inbox top right of the page..

thank you

lyn

Hello everyone I have recently found out it was not a chip shop it was a cafe on Newtown row then opened one further up the row then in the 1970s opened a cafe on st Stephens street if anyone can help I would be very grateful thank you.

Ok so I'm asking for a Kelly's directory to be done for any cafes on Newtown row and then in the 1970 Ivanno opened one on st Stephens street he had a wife called Ann/Anne/Ann if it's any help.

kirsty what year or years was invanno in newtown row...a date will help anyone who can do a kellys look up for you...

Well he was there in 1966 and then in 1970 opened another cafe but on st Stephens street Aston his wife Ann ran that cafe while he became a taxi driver if that helps.

Kellys just calls it the Tudor Cafe. It is at no 151 New Town Row. The electors roll for 1965 (the latest that is online) gives Gary C & Dorothy Elliker, so presumably your relative must have moved into the place in 1966

Back