• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Worcestershire Regiment

Shellywoos

knowlegable brummie
Hi all

This is the first time I have posted on here. I have this photograph that was given to me by my Grandfather. He was in the Worcestershire Regiment during WW2 and also was part of the invasion in Normandy being involved in the D Day landings. He joined up in 1942 and as he used to say to me 'I was stationed there' when anywhere in the United Kingdom was mentioned and unfortunately I never wrote the name down. Does anybody on here know where this photograph was taken. I have searched for that many army barracks and military bases on Google I must be arousing suspicious from the secret service by now, but my searches have lead me nowhere.

Hope somebody can help.

Cheers Michelle

Attachments

• Dads Regiment  2.jpg
    Dads Regiment 2.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 66
If you apply for his army records then I would imagine they will tell you where he trained and where he was stationed. Which might narrow your search down

Hi all

This is the first time I have posted on here. I have this photograph that was given to me by my Grandfather. He was in the Worcestershire Regiment during WW2 and also was part of the invasion in Normandy being involved in the D Day landings. He joined up in 1942 and as he used to say to me 'I was stationed there' when anywhere in the United Kingdom was mentioned and unfortunately I never wrote the name down. Does anybody on here know where this photograph was taken. I have searched for that many army barracks and military bases on Google I must be arousing suspicious from the secret service by now, but my searches have lead me nowhere.

Hope somebody can help.

Cheers Michelle
The building looks like one of those big houses that the War Office commandeered and was probably used as a Battalion headquarters. Your grandad and his mates were probably billeted nearby.

If you apply for his army records then I would imagine they will tell you where he trained and where he was stationed. Which might narrow your search down
Thank you. I have managed to locate a form to complete. I would love to know where he trained too.

The building looks like one of those big houses that the War Office commandeered and was probably used as a Battalion headquarters. Your grandad and his mates were probably billeted nearby.
Thank you...I thought I had found a building that was a Government War Office near Salisbury... but not 100% sure.

I’ve seen this image before, somewhere, and possibly discussion on it. It wasn’t here on this Forum, was it?

Chris

Back