• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help with photo PLEASE !!!

chucka

Black Country Mon
Hi all, i have seen the magic some of you are able to do with old photo's, i have one of myself and a few mates taken in the Hen & Chickens Handsworth, around 1970, unfortunatly the one side of the pic has faded, wondered if anyone could help, would be most grateful if someone has the time to spare.

Chucka

Sorry the photo wont upload,"invalid file", will try later.

great improvement guys and the picture is a scene very reminiscent of a lot of group pictures in pubs thought it was earlier than 70 :rolleyes: great pic thanks

Is that a mini dress the girl on the right is wearing? I can see maxi dresses and chokers on the ladies. Being a handsome, well dressed youngman about town at that time I would say early to mid seventies.( Herefordsire did take a year or so to catch up)

Looks like The Boris Johnson Style of Hairdressing never did go out of style:D

The old pint pots as well... you don't see those nowadays!

I was once told that they were phased out due to the handles making them too easy to use as a weapon by the over-served.
Dunno if this is correct.

Also, the chap on the far right puts me in mind of Richard Beckinsale!

e-mailed the restored copy to my old mate Mick who is also in the photo, he say's it was taken October 1969, at a wedding. The line up from left is: Micky Willett, my wife Anne (not married at time of photo), Micks wife Pat, me, sue (Shep's 1st wife) and Shep. OOh happy day's

Chucka

Errr, that makes you the ,Err Uhmm, one with the ,Err Uhmm, Hair Cut.

Whooops Sorry.:rolleyes:

The three peice suit ( got mine from Jacksons the Taylors £40 > £ 80 ) always smart and never wore out. Mind you the flares gave your age away.

Hi Arkrite,
yes thats me in the middle, as you say i think we all looked smart when we went out on the town, and your right again, those suits lasted years, in fact i still have the one i got married in, 1972, although it's a bit big on me now.

Chucka

Back