• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Charles Winn & Co

I came across this thread when researching my family history. My great grandfather was Arthur Mousley and he was managing director of Charles Winn during WW1 and was made an MBE due to his work there. My grandfather Norman Mousley then directed the works followed by my great uncle Jim Rogers. I attach some photos of the assembly line during an open day for the (I assume) board members and wives. My great uncle is shown inspecting the line. Unfortunately no one in the family now knows why Arthur got his MBE. I wonder if anyone can cast light on this achievement? I also attach the congratulatory notice to him from the employees at Charles Winn. The grievous loss referred to is that his son was killed in the Dardanelles

Attachments

• Jimmy and Dulcie at Charles Wynn sm.jpg
    Jimmy and Dulcie at Charles Wynn sm.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 11
  • Jimmy inspecting the production line sm.jpg
    Jimmy inspecting the production line sm.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Charles Winn emplyees to Arthur Mousley on the occasion of his MBE sm.jpg
    Charles Winn emplyees to Arthur Mousley on the occasion of his MBE sm.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 11
Back