• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help with a stubborn branch in the family tree

kaila_mc

Hello All!

I've recently got into looking up the family tree/history, and have come across a massive bump I was hoping someone could help with! My Dad has said that we come from a long line of Brummies, Kings Norton, even, to be exact, and that he is the seventh to be named Charles Henry Chamberlain on the paternal line. So far the only information I have is that this Charles Henry Chamberlain is buried in Kings Norton, and passed away in 1910 at 34 from the Spanish Flu. I am able to track his wife, Florence, quite a ways back so I'm not worried about that. Just wondering if anyone was able to help me get the hypothetical train going with the paternal side.

Thanks so much in advance!

hi and welcome hopefully some of our members can help you but just to say that the spanish flu pandemic started in 1918 but if you obtained the death certificate it would give you more information as to cause of death

lyn

The father of Charles Henry Chamberlain who married Florence Caswell at St Nicolas in 1899 was Thomas.

And a slight query about Charles' father's birthplace. On some censuses it's listed as Bham but on at least one it is listed as Ipswich. And there are at least 2 other Chamberlain men born around the same time living in Bham that list their birthplace as Ipswich.

Something to check.

Further to the above it's not easy to decide where the above Thomas Chamberlain was born.

1871, 1901 & 1911 his birthplace is listed as Birmingham. 1891 it's Ipswich, 1881 it's Wipstock (?) and 1861 there doesn't appear to be one even though for his wife & children it's Bham. Those are just from the transcriptions though, the actual scans might be clearer.

Back