• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

help with a memory

beeb72

wondered if anyone might have some ideas about this?

my mum has a memory of being taken by her mother every christmas in the mid -late 50's to a ? childrens home or mother and baby home to deliver huge amounts of toys ....

her mum had a child out of wedlock and we are wondering if there is a link?

all mum can remember is that it was run by nuns and she thinks it was near sutton coldfield

any suggestions would be ace - thanks a lot

One of my family had a child out of wedlock and as a young child she would stay at Princess Alice's Orphanage if her mother was ill or at work. There is a thread on the orphanage.

wondered if anyone might have some ideas about this?

my mum has a memory of being taken by her mother every christmas in the mid -late 50's to a ? childrens home or mother and baby home to deliver huge amounts of toys ....

her mum had a child out of wedlock and we are wondering if there is a link?

all mum can remember is that it was run by nuns and she thinks it was near sutton coldfield

any suggestions would be ace - thanks a lot
Pype hayes hall was a mother and baby home at one time? But not nuns? I think at the time you are reffering to it was a Council Building, used for various perposes, Carl Chinn may help
Good luck

Back