• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HELP.......Unusual request?

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
I know this request may sound strange to most of this forum but I am hoping that there is an old Skin Head out there???? Does anyone have a pair of old skin head boots (size 8/9) that they can loan me because this sad bald headed person is going to a fancy dress party as a Skin Head (for those that know me this took a lot of imagination)? :rolleyes:

I am looking for either knee high Doc Martins or Monkey Boots if anyone has them hiding in their loft? If not, can anyone point me in the direction of a fancy dress shop that would stock this type of antiquated footware? Mabz :)

:D:D:Dmabz....im rolling round the floor laffin here....i am sure someone will be able to advise you...

ps..we want pics as proof of this dramatic transformation....:D:D:D

lyn

if its alf garnet mabz dont you dare ask me to be yer long suffering wife......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: best of luck...im sure you will get sorted....

lyn:)

Sorry Mabz after I stopped laughing I thought About it and why not?:) so just to remind you about the Moonstomp lol no boots sorry [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWxvlQ8Zy4"]YouTube - The Specials-Skinhead Moonstomp (1979)[/ame]

How far are you willing to travel Keith as there are a couple of fancy dress shops I know of?. One at Castle Bromwich and the other on the Slade road. Jean.

There is a good fancy dress shop in Lichfield. 3 Windsor Court Trent Valley Road. 01543 257225.

Monkey Boots - just hearing them words took me back to when I was 15 - I had a pair and loved them so much I drew them for my art exam -in bright orange pastels - mine were only size 5 - now you've got me wondering what happened to them?????? Hope you find some

Keith you old son of a gun.....i think you will make a good Alf Garnet:D:D:D

You Old Mate Mau-reece

Mayfield, if you can squeeze into a size 7 you can borrow mine !!!! I had a pair for my 50th birthday last year, theyre great for work !!!!!

I knew that I could rely on you guys for help. Thanks everyone, I will be contacting a fancy dress shop this week. If successful - photographs will be posted of me stomping again......... Mabz :cool:

Just to remind you all of the summer of 1971..................

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8ia38wpBE"]YouTube - Dave & Ansel Collins - Double barrel[/ame]

Look forward in anticipation Keith. What is your avator going as?. Lovely little chap isn't he.:010: Bye. Jean.

Back