• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help required to trace Please Please Thread picture of Mom & Dad

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
I've restored a copy of a picture of somebodies mom & Dad from a Thread called "please please" can't find it.

Also I can't find out how I can attach it.

Can anbody advise

Ray

Hi Ray
I believe it was my mom and dad. my dad in uniform with mom, he had a tear down his face. On the top of the site there is a blue box on the right, if you click this there is a video showing you how.

regards Stars

hi Colin

Many thanks for the information, but I still can't understand how to attach an image tothe forum, the old system was easy.

Unfortunately I haven't on th foummuch this summer living in Devon you tend to use the weather more.

You say there has been problems is hat with the content of foum information or the new set up.

Thanks again Ray

The picture are available
displayimage.php

Ray, something's not quite right as the picture hasn't appeared :(
I can see the picture on coppermine (good!) and the URL (as in the properties dialog) is https://images.birminghamhistory.co.uk/coppermine/albums/userpics/10028/thumb_mom _dad 1__edited-1.jpg

If you right click the 'graphic' in post# 5, it's showing a URL ofg https://images.birmingham.co.uk/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-193.

I suspect that you haven't quite managed to add the image to the post correctly. Try this:
  1. Find the picture in coppermine album
  2. Right-click and select properties
  3. Using the mouse, highlight the URL. Right click the highlighted URL and select Copy
  4. Going back to your post, click the "image" button (next the one that looks like a piece of film). The Insert image dialog is displayed
  5. Paste the URL (which should like the first one above) into the dialog and click OK
Hope that helps a bit

Ray, have another go - you're almost there :)
You've got the correct URL now but you have inserted in the link into your post rather than the picture. If you want to insert your picture, you need to click the Image button above where you are typing (it is next to the 'film' button and on my toolbar is the fourth from the right). If you click that, it will open a box where you can paste the URL into.

[If you don't have the toolbar with the buttons above your post, check that you aren't using style B'ham_clean (bottom left), as there is a bit of a glich with that at the moment]

[One tip, if you want the picture to be bigger, open it in the album before you copy the URL.]

I don't have the toolbar above the button

I honestly can't see many people being able to use system.

Thanks for help Ray

Ray, once you get the hang of it you will be fine :) The videos at the top of the forum page should help you and we are writing a definitive step-by-step guide that should be ready tomorrow. If you haven't watvhed the video give it a go!

Can you try to do the following for me:
  1. Scroll right to the bottom of the forum page and look on the left hand side. What does it say? "Bham_clean" or "bham_black". If it says "Bham_clean", click the arrow and select one of the other options (there is currently a problem with bham_clean and the toolbars are missing)
  2. When you are typing your post entry, is there a toolbar above where you are typing (there should be if you are set to anything other than bham_clean)? If yes, the button you want is about the fourth from the right. Move the mouse over the top of it and it should say "Image"
If you are still stuck, send me an IM with your email address and I will send you a few more instructions with some pictures

Back