• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help Please

GER22VAN

master brummie
Can anyone help Please ?

I keep getting a window popping up.
Security Alert
You are about to view pages over a secure network. Ect Ect
Please How Can I Stopped It ?

Ernie

I know very little about this sort of thing but i just pulled this of the web, this should cure your problem.

To manually change that setting in IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and uncheck the box next to "Warn if changing between secure and non secure mode". Or, the first time the message appears check the box "In the Future, do not show this warning".

If you continue to see this warning after changing these settings, your browser may need to be updated, see this article on Microsoft's site:
https://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883740

Phil

is it a security alert asking for you to scan if so at the end it will say you have virus and adware and buy this product to clear it, DON'T
this could be a malware or adware virus you need to run a scan malwarebytes is a good one or a free one from microsoft site.
these things can be a pig to get rid of,

just found a free version here : https://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

If you are still using Internet Explorer 6 you really should move to a more recent brower.

IE6 is very old and open to security attacks. Some web sites now do not work with IE6.

Try to move to Internet Explorer 8.

Thank You Everyone for your help. I have just downloaded internet explorer 9 and saved.
As I said I am not too good with the computer at times, so I shall wait and see if I still get those pop ups.

Thank You Everyone for your help. I have just downloaded internet explorer 9 and saved.
As I said I am not too good with the computer at times, so I shall wait and see if I still get those pop ups.

Note that IE9 is not finished yet (still in the Beta test phase).

That is why I suggested IE8.

guilbert53, Thank you I shall do that, I never quite know whether to OPEN or SAVE , I am still getting the popups.
I am still getting " dimmer than dim " how do I start BEFORE Tools- Internet options ect ?

guilbert53, Thank you I shall do that, I never quite know whether to OPEN or SAVE , I am still getting the popups.

Save will merely save the file on your hard disk it will not install it. You then need to "run" the fle you have just saved by double clicking on it.

Open will normally install the program, so it is a combination of save and run.

Back