• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help please

Lizy barnes

master brummie
Evening everyone
could someone please help i have a photo of my mum's first communion in my album which is in a very poor state sadly she died 24-10-09 and i wondered if anyone could restore it in any way ,but i don't know how to add from my profile album to a message for people to see it. Thankyou :)

Lizy if you send it to me I will do it for you. Do you still have my e.mail address. There is a special section for restoring photo's. Will be a pleasure. Jean.

hi lizzry
just read your request, and i am wondering wether or not
you could answer me a personal question
is your other half named freddy ? , as i see you come from the ladywood connection and winson green and surroundings
and also have an intrest in the sloyans as my other half as connections with the family and i think we could be old freinds
from way back --- if fred is your other half then i know my answer
take care best wishes astonion ;;;;;

Chris thanks it would have taken me all night as I am slow at these things. I am sure someone will restore it for Lizy. Jean.

Hi Astonian
no my other half is Named John and the Sloyan connection is me as that was my maiden name do you think you know any of our families ? .:)

hi liz
does the name courtneys ring any bells [ jack ]
from stechford or the mannor house pub
astonion ;;

Thankyou so much for taking the time to restore this photo it means so much to us all as a family. What a lovely site where others are so willing to help people.

Lizy,
You are welcome, like I said it's not perfect, but it was one of the most damaged ones I have seen.
There are some clever bods on here and maybe one of them will make a better job than I have.
Regards John.

That is very badly damaged, sadly sometimes that's the only state surviving photographs of loved ones are. John has done an excellent job on it, better than I could do, all I can add is a little size adjustment.

Thank-you all for your attempts to improve the photo of my mom. The funny thing is as they are all slightly different we can see different resemblances of her Gran-daugthers which as i said she was the mother of ten so i am passsing the improved photo's to them,we are all so grateful for the time you have given :)

Back