• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help Please! Any images of The Birmingham Guild on Grosvenor Street West, Sherborne Street or Ryland Street (1920s-1970s)?

TonyP61

By Hammer & Hand
As part of on-going research I'm conducting into the Birmingham Guild of Handicraft / Birmingham Guild Ltd. I would love to source an image of the exterior of the Grosvenor Works in Ladywood. This was formerly the home of Hart Son & Peard and was taken over by the Guild in 1919 the site being sold off and completely redeveloped post-1985.

The works had a main entrance on Grosvenor Street West but also had side entrances on Sherborne Street and Ryland Street. I do have many images of the interior but none of the works' exterior. I'm hoping someone may have a photo that captures some aspect of this building.

Thanks.

You posted a similar thing back in 2019.
There seems little reference to the Guild on BHF, just one in Sherborne Street. Hopefully you may get comments this time.

You posted a similar thing back in 2019.
There seems little reference to the Guild on BHF, just one in Sherborne Street. Hopefully you may get comments this time.
Thank you - I'm an eternal optimist!

Hi Tony
With reference to the birmingham guild grovsner Street west
I was very interested in your post
I have tried in vain to find photos
I would be grateful for any information/photos you do have
I have fond memories of the large
Building 3 or 4 floors?
I was apprentice in to machine shop
starting work as a 16 year old in 1971
I remember a glider being built on the top for floor

I did look up the model once and found a clip on utube but didn't recognise any one
As l said very interesting post
Regards brendan

Back