• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help Please! Any images of The Birmingham Guild on Grosvenor Street West, Sherborne Street or Ryland Street (1920s-1970s)?

TonyP61

By Hammer & Hand
As part of on-going research I'm conducting into the Birmingham Guild of Handicraft / Birmingham Guild Ltd. I would love to source an image of the exterior of the Grosvenor Works in Ladywood. This was formerly the home of Hart Son & Peard and was taken over by the Guild in 1919 the site being sold off and completely redeveloped post-1985.

The works had a main entrance on Grosvenor Street West but also had side entrances on Sherborne Street and Ryland Street. I do have many images of the interior but none of the works' exterior. I'm hoping someone may have a photo that captures some aspect of this building.

Thanks.

You posted a similar thing back in 2019.
There seems little reference to the Guild on BHF, just one in Sherborne Street. Hopefully you may get comments this time.

You posted a similar thing back in 2019.
There seems little reference to the Guild on BHF, just one in Sherborne Street. Hopefully you may get comments this time.
Thank you - I'm an eternal optimist!

Hi Tony
With reference to the birmingham guild grovsner Street west
I was very interested in your post
I have tried in vain to find photos
I would be grateful for any information/photos you do have
I have fond memories of the large
Building 3 or 4 floors?
I was apprentice in to machine shop
starting work as a 16 year old in 1971
I remember a glider being built on the top for floor

I did look up the model once and found a clip on utube but didn't recognise any one
As l said very interesting post
Regards brendan

Back