• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HELP ..Needed with IRISH Records..!!

christy

master brummie
hi guys, i have my ggfathers Marriage cert, 1898...Belfast...But he was born in [DUBLIN/CITY] AGE 21..JOHN MULLAN Married Susan Russell age 21..there are No Census..from 1851-1891..irish..i have very littie m ore info,But need some help..Finding the Missing Links..Regards..

castalla

master brummie
Lots of Records destroyed in Ireland in the 1920´s war, no census in 1921 next one was 1926. Very difficult to get any records at all, i know and tried for 5 years and now given up, good luck

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found nothing in 1901 but could this be your family although the ages of the couple vary on this census
1911 census
24 Valentine street, Antrim

John Mullan age 32 born Dublin General Labourer
Susan Mullan age 30 b. England
married 13 years(1898) 6 children 3 still living,
Sarah age 11 b. Belfast
Susan age 6 b. Belfast
Carherine age 1 b. Belfast.

christy

master brummie
Lots of Records destroyed in Ireland in the 1920´s war, no census in 1921 next one was 1926. Very difficult to get any records at all, i know and tried for 5 years and now given up, good luck
..Yes ALBERTA..My Family,they are in the 1901,Census..Vere st..also..Many Records distroyed in the 1920 Troubles,..if j,mullan was 32..born in Dublin city..around 1878-9...Where is it possible to do a Search,Online,or at at the irish Library..any ideas..Thanks

bewdley

master brummie
Do you have John's father's Christian name from the marriage certificate?
I have found a Catholic baptism in Westland Row, Dublin for a John Mullen/Mullan birth date 28 April 1878, father's name William; mother Margaret Hussey living at 13 Clarence Place, Dublin. I think this is St Andrew's Church, Dublin. I have posted a copy just in case it is yours.
John Mullen baptism St Andrews Church Dublin living at Clarence Place.jpg

christy

master brummie
hi,Bewdley,..on the Marriage cert of 1898..John Mullans Father also Named [John mullan] Sea captain Decesed...Mother Mary Mullan.[Keatley]...Mother was born in Dublin-City...No idea where John mullan the Sea captaiin came from,,only to say this Family moved up to Belfast in 1880...in 1882..Mary Mulan,who is in the 1901 Census living at Trafalger st..age 19 & her Mother Mary Mullan age,43..i wonder if Mary has the same name Maiden when her Daughter was born in 1882..Can you Guys elp anymore,as i would to find thisiinfo out,..Many Thanks..