• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help needed to develop B/W film

• Thread starter maxwell bullivant
  • Start date
M

maxwell bullivant

Is there anyone who can develop for me 3 black and white films ? I collect old cameras and recently obtained 3 that had film in them, the film would be a minimum of 50 years old and up to 80 years old !!!!
I dont really want to pay at a developers as they charge so much, also the chance is the film will have nothing on.
If anyone can do them cheaply please let me know, the photographs could be interesting. Max

Max,
Why don't you get just one of the films developed without having it printed just to see if there is anything on it. It then won't cost that much.
Humph

I agree - in fact in the days I used film if there was nothing on it the usual practice was not to make a charge at all when asking for Develop ONLY.

I was hoping that we may have members that could develop them and share in the history there may be on these films. I think i have given it long enough now, so i will just get them done locally. Max

I used to develop and print B & W photos with my dad about 50 years ago, had all the gear and the attic fitted out as a darkroom, but it's all gone many years ago.

Colin

Back