• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help needed please.

NECHELITE

Can anyone advise,am trying to find exact time of birth for astrology reasons,there is no-one left alive to confirm this,but i know i was born @ heathfield road hospital, (by nuns ) i think !,this would have been september 1965,...are there any records of births at this hospital still surviving ,and could they be accessed by the public,and did they put down the time of birth ?
Thanking anyone who could advise.

I could be wrong but I thought that the only time the 'time of birth' was recorded was when it was twins.
I know this is on the birth certificate of twins.

You're probably correct, Alberta. The other place where you will quite often find the time is in the family Bible and very occasionally in newspaper announcements of births.

Maurice

With my two sons they noted exact times at births and wrote it down on birth cards they gave us. They were born at Heartlands in the 1990's. Whether this is something new or something they've done for years I don't know. We made up birth boxes and the birth cards are in these boxes.

Maybe births are recorded in Hospital records but how you would find them or access them I don't know.

Just done a quick Google search and it says times maybe recorded on medical records so if its for yourself it might be worth asking at your Doctors.

Dwilly, I think the recording of birth times of twins started many years ago for inheritance purposes,etc.

For example if a titled aristocrat had twin sons the firstborn would inherit the title.

The time of birth is noted on ALL birth certificates in Scotland but only on births of twins in England.

Margaret.

I still have the card which was tied to my son's cot in 1972, it gives time, date, length, weight, head measurement and name.
Would this be written on your GP medical records too I wonder?
rosie.

Back