• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help needed please.

sueb

Hi there. I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone could help me please.
I am a care assistant in a nursing care home, and I'm a keyworker for an 86 year old lady with dementia, originally she was from Birmingham. The lady is a very sweet woman but has trouble remembering things due to her dementia. I am trying to put together a memory box for her to help reminisce on her past. Today she told me that her mother was in a care home in Birmingham and she told me that it was called 'Treeview' I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me as I've been trying to find out whereabouts in Birmingham this might be. The Lady has also talked about a very big roundabout that was built either there or near there. She is not sure if the care home still exists or whether it was demolished when the big roundabout was built. The big roundabout apparently is a famous roundabout (or it may have made the local news). I know this is not much to go by, but I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on what area in Birmingham she might be talking about. Unfortunately I don't have any more information and have tried researching 'Treeview' care home but I'm not able to find anything. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any information that they can share with me and would like to thank you for taking the time to read this.
Best wishes
Sue

She may be referring to the 'Burnt Tree' Island in Dudley, there was a big roundabout there until a few years back.

Have you anynidea as to when this was? If so it might be traceable in the telephone records on Ancestry

Back