• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Help in uploading a newspaper article.

Rosemary Oldridge

proper brummie kid
Hello. New(ish) member. Not very tech savvy. I have a very interesting newspaper article about Midland Red, when it was using horse drawn carriages. It was sent to me by a member of the Trigg family, who now lives in Vermont, but the article refers to a 174 year service connection with the Trigg family and Midland Red. It has an attached photograph of a horse drawn vehicle with the destination board on the side reading "Pershore Road". I think it would be of interest to members, but I have tried to attach the file and keep getting message that the uploaded file is too large for the server to process. How can I post it, please? Rosemary.

Hi Rosemary,

Yes, there is a 1 Mb limit on file size, and is imposed by the XenForo software that runs the Forum rather than one imposed by the moderators. You will need to use a graphics program such as Windows Paint to crop off any unwanted material. If you are not conversant with this, I will send you a private message with my email address (see the envelope symbol top right of every page). I will then get the clipping down to size and send it back to you.

Maurice :cool:

If you open the article in "paint" as Maurice said (a Microsoft programme which should be on your computer) you can reduce the size - button on tool bar "resize" - and then save as a new jpeg file (so you still have the original). It should then upload. Have a go and learn a new skill. :)

If you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac, and upload from the Photos, you should get the actual size and a resize option. Resizing to Large normally gets through the Forum.

Back