• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hello, I'm Elmo

Elmo

master brummie
Good Evening Folks,
I had come across this site some time back, when just generally browsing for things/places from my past etc. but never followed it through. However, due the unfortunate situation we presently find ourselves in, and having some time on my hands, I've been browsing and decided to join.
A little bit of about me and then I'll let things take their course and contribute to relevant threads and communicate with people on here about things in common, if they so wish.
My parents and grand-parents on my mothers side, as far as I can remember were all from Handsworth mainly, my fathers parents from Northamptonshire, lived in Handsworth certainly from the mid 50's.
I was born in 1962 and lived in Ashwin Road until about 1987. I went to Benson Road school and George Dixon Grammar school in 1973, the first year it was mixed.
I did my apprenticeship at W T Averys Smethwick.
I have lived in Harborne, Sheldon, Chadwick End, Newport Gwent, Spain and now Swansea since 2016.
I know there are a few threads of interest and I look forward to sharing memories with you on here.
Regards Elmo

Hi Elmo, before I was born, my family lived in Ashwin Road, possibly number 36. My sister was born in 1957 so would have been around five when you were born and think they moved in the late 60's to Antrobus Road. From what I have been told, all the kids used to play in the tunnel and it was a nice place to live in those days. It's not so nice now...

Back