• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hello From Morning Star

morning star

I was born in Sparkbrook in the early 50's and lived in Oldfield road. During the first thirty years of my life we lived in Highgate,Kings Heath and finally at the Maypole.

On leaving school I started work in the newspaper trade and at 18 became a Union member in a print union SOGAT. I married in the late 70's and moved to Redditch in Worcestershire.

So Hello one and all.

Welcome to the forum Morning star. Hope you find something here to interest you

Hi morning star, welcome aboard.
I was born and lived in Tillingham St from 1938 to 1961 when I came to Aust. Had a mate for many years named Gordon Whitehead who lived in Oldfield Rd his Dad was killed in WW2 and his mom was a bus clippy working out of Highgate Rd. Depot. Many happy memories of growing up in Sparkbrook. Cheers Tim

Back