• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hellewell

B

Buttercup

Anyone know anything about a Hellewell, think his first name was Gerald but can't be sure, he was an Artist, i have a picture painted by him, it dates to the 1880s, it was given as a wedding present in 1965 to (yea, to who) well i dont really know, it has been passed down the family, it has writing on the back saying it was given by a great uncle, of my husband's uncle, if that makes sense, no, it does not make sense to me either, the picture is of 3 children playing on a gate in a field. and that's about all i can tell you, i believe he was in the district of Walsall or there abouts, but then again, i cant be sure of that. will dig the picture out tomorrow and maybe i can say a bit more, if anyone knows anything about a Mr Hellewell who was an Artist would love to know.
Thanks

Thanks bren

Thanks for that bren, have had a look on that site today but cant be sure it's him as idon't know anything about him, cant even be sure of his name but thanks anyway

Back