• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Heartlands Hospital History

Mick Linehan

proper brummie kid
My wife and my sister-in-law both worked at East Birmingham Hospital ( Heartlands ), my wife 1989-2018 and sister in law 1971-73.
Any photos from those periods plus any information about a book which I’m trying to trace would be much appreciated .....
“East Birmingham Hospitals 1895-1995 by JG Ayres and CJ Ellis “ no publishers name or ISBN number unfortunately.
Pat worked in a Special Care Baby Unit at the Main Heartlands site and Kay on several wards, Trauma and Orthopaedic then Care of the Elderly at Arden Lodge and returned back to the main site when Arden Lodge was demolished.

East Birmingham's Hospitals, 1895-1995: from City Hospital, Little Bromwich, to Birmingham Heartlands Hospital Paperback – 1 Jan. 1995​

The one site found that mentions the book says it is not available, but it seems a Hospital publication ?

East Birmingham's Hospitals, 1895-1995: from City Hospital, Little Bromwich, to Birmingham Heartlands Hospital Paperback – 1 Jan. 1995​

The one site found that mentions the book says it is not available, but it seems a Hospital publication ?
Yes that’s about as far as I’ve got looking for it, my sister-in-law is searching for a copy but as you’ve said it was probably a limited in-house publication. Thanks for looking.

I have a copy. If I remember correctly some years ago a member (cannot remember who ) who was associated with the hospital, had the remaining copies and offered them to members for a contribution. I think that was how I got it - certainly it occurred with respect to a similar book. It was published by Norman A Tector Ltd , Aldridge and is 72 pages

If you do not succeed in finding a copy I could probably scan it and, if you give me your email address by private message (conversation), and then send you the scan

If you do not succeed in finding a copy I could probably scan it and, if you give me your email address by private message (conversation), and then send you the scan
That would be really kind of you. I’ll keep trying to find an original through other sites etc. I may take you up on your offer. I’ll be in touch. Thanks.

Hi,not having much luck finding this book, can I take you up on your offer of scanning it ?
I’m not sure how to private message you on this forum.

Back