• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

healy family Help needed on the

STEWARD

master brummie
Hi could anyone help me find some info out on my nans family,i know they came from dublin south,im looking for her parents names,i have her and her siblings if thats any help,my nan mary josephine healy born 1913,esther gertrude healy born 1914,kathleen theresa healy born 1921,and a john j healy no date of birth,i have all the marriages to these and deaths just trying to find who their parents are please help.

Re: Help needed on the healy family

About what date are you looking at & have you any idea where in Birmingham they may have lived?
I have Heeleys in my tree, but spelled "ee" not "ea". It´s always worth looking at alernative spellings.

Hi,i do know that in 1945 Mary A Healy lived with Margaret Steward and Alexander Steward at 4 Milverton terrace,johnstone street.in 1947 there is a Marianna,John J and Margaret Healy.In 1955 at 89 Edwards rd Erdington there is Marianna,Mary A,and John J Healy living with leonard Norris and Esther Norris(nee Healy)in 1960 there is just Marianna,Mary A and John J Healy.Im trying to find out who Marianna is i have never heard of her,there is also a Kathleen Healy and Mary Josephine Healy(my nan) that is all i have to go on im afraid.

Hi STEWARD

There is a death in Birmingham for a Marianna Josephina Healy in 1996 aged 73 born 13th March 1923 reference for certificate if needed is below. Suzanne
K4B

Register Number:
District and Subdistrict:
Entry number:

Hi Suzanne,thankyou so much for that info its been driving me mad,she obviously never married then?any other info would be great.

Hi STEWARD

I honestly can't say if she was married or single - you would need the death certificate for that information. Will let you know if I find anything else.

Suzanne

Steward

There is a marriage listed on FMP in Italy in 1947 for a John J HealEy and Marianna Zampiro on the GRO Index for Army Marriages page 4049

Suzanne

Oh wow,i cant believe how quick you have found that out,i am so pleased,iv just told my dad he is over the moon he always new her as aunt pina,thankyou for your help i really appreciate it.

could someone help me find the mothers maiden name for the Healy children please as i dont know mother or fathers name as they were from ireland and my dad cant remember much.

Ireland is not so easy to search. Do you know which part of Ireland they are from and roughly when they were born?

iv been told they were from dublin,i only know the year my nan was born which is 1926 and she past away 29th September 1992 aged 79yrs Mary Josephine Healy,she married Alexander George Steward june 1943 in Birmingham.Thankyou for your help.

Hi - are you sure your Nan was born in 1926? If she died in 1992 aged 79 then that would have her born 1913 which would fit with the death below.

I have Irish ancestors and have found this site very useful https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ you are able to search the 1901 and 1911 census for free, but you will need the surname. I have also copied and pasted some BMD records below which might help you tie up some loose ends.
Civil Registration event: Death
Name:
STEWARD, Mary Josephine
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Month of registration:
October
Date of birth:
22 May 1913
Volume no:
Page no:
Reg no:
Name:
STEWARD, Alexander George
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Month of registration:
January
Date of birth:
23 July 1916
District no:
0611C
Reg no:
C14B
Ent no:
DOR:
Name:
STEWARD, Margaret
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Quarter of registration:
Apr-May-Jun
Age at death:
Volume no:
9C
Page no:
Civil Registration event: Marriage
MarriageFinder: Leonard A Norris married Esther G Healey
Name:
NORRIS, Leonard A
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Quarter of registration:
Jul-Aug-Sep
Spouse's last name:
Healey
Volume no:
9C
Page no:
Name:
NORRIS, Esther
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Month of registration:
January
Date of birth:
6 March 1914
District no:
0611H
Reg no:
H53A
Ent no:
DOR:
Civil Registration event: Marriage
MarriageFinder: Kathleen T Healy married Andrew L Mowlah-Baksh
Name:
HEALY, Kathleen T
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Quarter of registration:
Jul-Aug-Sep
Spouse's last name:
Mowlah-Baksh
Volume no:
9C
Page no:
There are 3 possible births for the above marriage.
Name:
MOWLAH-BAKSH, Andrew Llewellyn
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Quarter of registration:
Apr-May-Jun
Date of birth:
7 August 1920
Volume no:
Page no:
Name:
MOWLAH-BAKSH, Kathleen Theresa
Registration district:
Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire
Year of registration:
Month of registration:
January
Date of birth:
19 October 1921
District no:
0611P
Reg no:
P14B
Ent no:
DOR:

The census is good, you can see signatures, house details etc but, unless you know more than a surname it is difficult to narrow down the number of returns and as all of the above were born after the 1911 census their info can not be used. I hope the OP finds out a bit more info and we can be of more help :05.18-flustered:

You can apply for a birth certificate on https://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

I have found the record below for Esther if you get her birth certificate it will tell you her parent’s names.

First Name:Esther Gertrude
Last Name:Healy
Year:1915
Registered Quarter/Year:Apr - Jun 1915
Registration District:Dublin South
Volume:2
Page:605
Category:Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death)
Record collection:Births & baptisms
Record set:Ireland Births 1864-1958
Collections from:Ireland

You were right thankyou for pointing that out it was my mistake yes she was born 1913,thankyou so much for all that info ive been trying for ages to get all that,cant believe how much you have got its fantastic,thanks again.

I found Esther's birth on Find My Past, it's also on Ancestry - same info - but includes a film number 101076
Esther Gertrude Healy
Apr-May-Jun 1915
Dublin South
Ireland

Last edited:
Back