• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hayward Thomas

sheri

master brummie
I'm looking for any information about Thomas Hayward c. ? 1801 - he married Charlotte Ratheram in June 1821 at St. Martins. Their children were Charlotte c. April 1822 - Thomas c. March 1824 - Charles C. Nov. 1825 - William c. 1827. I have FMP and I can't find any trace of this family except I think Charles in 1881 was living in Handsworth - he may have been a soldier? I wonder if someone would look on Ancestry and see if they are any census's there. The children were born in Sutton Coldfield I think.
Would be very grateful for any help as I've been working this family it seems like years/
Sheri.

Familysearch has a Charlotte Hayward, daughter of Thos Hayward marrying a James Wood at Sutton Coldfield on 24 Aug 1840

There's a Thomas Hayward listed on FreeCEN living Sutton Coldfield, some of the children you list match but wife named Honora. Could be a re-marriage as there is a death record listed for a Charlotte Hayward at Sutton Coldfield (10 Feb 1831) on FamilySearch.

There are a number of baptisms for Hayward children at Sutton Coldfield, parents Thomas and Honor(i)a, earliest 1833.

If you think that Thomas and Honoria are the right ones it seems that Thomas is dead by 1851 as Honoria is a widow and there's a burial record for a Thomas at Sutton Coldfield on 10 July 1848.

The younger Thomas looks like he's in Sutton Coldfield 1n 1851, wife Ann. And later censes as well it seems.

And it looks like William remains in Sutton Coldfield until at least 1901.

Last edited:
in 1841 in sutton coldfield (if honora is correct)

thomas hayward 40 wheelwright
honora 40
thomas 15, william 13, sarah 8 and harriet 6.

There a death record for a Charles (Chas) Hayward at Sutton Coldfield, 4 Mar 1826) on Familysearch

William Hayward (father listed as Thomas) marries Amy Martha Withers at Holt, Norfolk 9 Aug 1862 on Familysearch.

Last edited:
Arn't you all kind thank you so much - I did look to see if Charlotte died but couldn't find it - I had thought Honoria was a 2nd marriage. Than ties up my early Hayward family nicely as far as I can go without certificates (unless further info comes to light).
I've spent weeks looking for this so I'm grateful to you all.
Sheri

Back