• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Have your taste buds changed over the years?.

Sitting at home lunch time I was wondering what to have to eat.Went to the cupboard first thing I spotted was OXO Cubes.My mind went back to my youth when we had hot Bovril.So took out 2 cubes,put in a Mug with some pepper and hot water.Did myself some Buttered Toast.What a lovely lunch as good as Bovril

Sitting at home lunch time I was wondering what to have to eat.Went to the cupboard first thing I spotted was OXO Cubes.My mind went back to my youth when we had hot Bovril.So took out 2 cubes,put in a Mug with some pepper and hot water.Did myself some Buttered Toast.What a lovely lunch as good as Bovril

Mmmm that sounds yummy, when I am feeling like something savoury ... sometimes... dont laugh, I have a lovely slice of buttered toast with a scraping of bovril on it , I have loved it since I was a kid.

The only offal I will eat is black pudding , faggots , pigs trotter although I have'nt had one for years . I notice quite a few members don't like brocolli . I love it whats more it's good for you gut, nowadays I'll eat more or less anything , but you can keep your tripe , brains, chitterlings not for me thank you .

Haven't had a pigs trotter ( foot) for years.Found they lacked any meat to what they used too have

Back