• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Harry Clark Family History

phil clark

Brummie babby
Looking at my family history my grandfather lived in clifford lozells,his sister also lived in clifford street and ran a shop,her married name was winwood.
Would like to know if anyone had any pictures of old clifford street or anyother info
Thank you phil clark

Hi Phil, Welcome to the site. If you want help in finding information about your family, you should give your grandfather's name. I assume the shop you mention is no 90, listed in 1932 as being Frederick Winwood. His sister was presumably Sarah Jane Winwood, who lived there from at least 1920 till sometime between 1950 and 1952 (from the electoral rolls (partially online)). The shop was on the south side of the street either on the eastern corner or one from the eastern corner with Wheeler St. I do have a picture which is stated to be Clifford st junction with wheeler st in c1908, but am not at present sure if the exact position claimed is correct. However the picture is below.

clifford_st_junc_wheeler_st_c_1908.jpg

I think I may have solved the attribution ofn the photo. I think it was looking up wheeler st, and the road accross was clifford st . In that case no 90 is either on the right hand corner this side of the junction, or the next house along round the corner

Thank you for your help my grandfathers name was Harry clark and when he married in 1916 he was living at 96 clifford street. Aston seems to be there home ground ,as i have members of the family living in miller street aston brook streetbordesley park road and so on,would welcome any help at all as i do not realy know the area
Regards phil clark

Back