• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Harrison Barrow Grammar School Hartfield Crescent County School

i went to harrison barrow grammar school i think 1950-55 i was always in the Beta classes. mrs macneill was a horrible person only interested in "well off parents". those of us that left at 16 instead of going on to 6th form were told we should not have gone to HER grammar school and called us gutter snipes!

There is a lady called Sue Woodhull,nee Harris,looking for members of this school in the early 1960s.
Her details are in the missing and found section of Saturdays Daily Mail,4,July 2020.
There is a list of former pupils that she recalls and would like to get in touch with for her 70th birthday.

NoddK-D

There is a lady called Sue Woodhull,nee Harris,looking for members of this school in the early 1960s.
Her details are in the missing and found section of Saturdays Daily Mail,4,July 2020.
There is a list of former pupils that she recalls and would like to get in touch with for her 70th birthday.

NoddK-D
I saw the same article and an ex girlfriend of mine went to Harrison Barrow school, the names are Lyn Willis, Elizabeth Simmonds, Diane Nash, Diane Taylor, Linda King, and the Art Master a Mr Craven. It caught my eye because I knew a Sue Taylor who I used to pick up from school on my old Panther 600 motorcycle, me aged 20 when a proud Double Zero member, Sue was 15 and later married someone who joined the Royal Hong Kong Police. Fond memories of 50 years ago and times gone by....maybe someone remembers them (and me) !!

That was in my final year at Harrison Barrow. I remember Roy Hattersley showing a group of us round the Houses of Parliament when we were in the sixth form. In case people don't know, the old Friends Reunited H.B. group has moved to Facebook.

Can anyone tell me what happend to the above school situated in Hartfield Crescent. I went to that school in the 1950's but have never come across anyone else who attended. I remember a few of the names Pat Allen and Ann Sawyer come to mind.
I remember Jennifer Howell, pam guest and Honorly Moodie from 1951 to 1957.
Are my friends of those days still here I wonder.
My name was Margaret hickman but known as Margot. I am now Margot O'Molony and living in Kent after 59 years in South Africa.
Would love to reconnect if at all possible.

Back