• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Harold Davis

mrbluesky1957

master brummie
Hi, back to the experts. I seem to have some info on my late grandfather Harold G Davis. A burial at Brandwood End Cemetery.Brandwood End for Harold 4th January 1930. Can anyone confirm this, was he buried. He died new yrs eve tragically 1929 at Minworth. Been looking for along time. Thanks if you can help once again.

Thanks to your wonderful site. I have found that my grandfather was buried at Brandwood End. Also my grandmother Elizabeth Davis(Conway). How do I find where the graves are. Or are there any Monumental Inscriptions? I'm amazed that I've found this out after yrs. Just stuck now at Monumental Inscriptions, if any? Thank you, great site.

Hi MWS hope you are doing OK. I have found that, yes expensive. Again like you say it might not give me what I'm after. He might have been a pauper/union. Hoping with such a tragic death he had a decent send off. Once lockdown is over can get over to Brandwood. Again trying to find a needle in a haystack. Don't suppose contacting Brandwood would work.
Thanks once again for your help. I didn't realise that site was there. The council obviously cashing in and not guaranteed a grave or monument. Thank you.

glad you have found them after all this time..as said on another thread i think the only way you are going to find out the extra info you need is to contact brandwood end...i have done this many times to find the resing places of my rellies at no cost although times change

lyn

Hi Lyn, you keep an eye on me lol, thnx. So possible to contact them by phone sometime. Not the best atm, thnx again. We get there in the end x.

yes i would give them a bell and take it from there..please let us know how you get on

lyn

mrbluesky19 has asked me to copy and paste this message he sent to me...its a good update..we love it when a plan comes together..also thank you for the donation you have sent every little helps especially as this past year we have not been able to hold our forum meet ups which include proceeds of our raffles going to our forum funds which helps run this great forum :)

Hi Lyn, good news on The Harold Davis side. In touch with someone on ancestry who has connections. She shares my gt grandmother Elizabeth Davis who was Harold's mom. She remarried after my gt gt grandfather died Alfred. So became a Conway, had 4 more children. Harold lived with his half bros and sisters. Her mom was one of the 4, youngest and was 97 died 2013. So remarkably can share info now.
I have finally found out what happened to Alfred. Through you, knew he was at Yardley. Had 2 reports when I contacted them a few yrs ago. So used your link paid ouch £20. To get a copy of where he was. Another phone call just to confirm he was a commoner and in the remembrance garden. Really shocked at that, but there you go, settled. The person I'm in touch with has a photo of my gt nan. Plus details where Harold is at Brandwood. Also his mom is there 1940. So thank you all. Moved on Alot.

Back