• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Harold and Edith cooper

elle-jay

master brummie
Hi can anyone please help me research Harold and Edith cooper.They married in derby in 1912 but later moved to birmingham possible ward End, saltley, alum rock area.I believe they may have had a business in the area possibly a cafe?any help greatly appreciated.

Happy to help but might need a bit more info. When you say they moved later do you have a rough date? Names of any children might help as might any dob for Harold or Edith. Thanks

There's a marriage for a Harold Cooper & Edith Knattriess in Derby 1912. If it's them they're still in Derby on 1939 register (Porter Road).

Had at least 5 children.

Their deaths both seem to be registered in Derby, not easy to be certain though.

There's a marriage for a Harold Cooper & Edith Knattriess in Derby 1912. If it's them they're still in Derby on 1939 register (Porter Road).

Had at least 5 children.
Okey dokey, it was just a hunch, apparently they took over a buissiness in the area of birmingham I mentioned I think Harold had died and Edith was on her own.

In 1955 there was an Edith Cooper (shopkeeper) at No. 291 New Town Row but of course with a surname of Cooper it could be somebody else and I guess she would be about 65 by then.

Back