• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Harding Street

mossg

master brummie
I wonder if anyone can help me?On the 1841 census my G.Grandfather lived in Harding Street in the parish of St George,I have scoured many old maps and i have not been able to find it's location.The next street shown on the census is Ormond Street so i assume it was near Summer Lane.A map showing it would be greatly appreciated.Moss

moss as mike has said harding st became moorsom st between 1884 and 1888 and if folk are looking for early pics of the street at the central library archives they maybe filed under harding st and so its always usful to know street name changes..thanks again mike...

lyn

The old Moorsom St is shown on this old map (date ?) in grid box F1, Bertram Jones moved from Harding St as it was then to Great Russel Street (grid box E1-E2)

Attachments

• Moorsom St.jpg
    Moorsom St.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 33
The old Moorsom St is shown on this old map (date ?) in grid box F1, Bertram Jones moved from Harding St as it was then to Great Russel Street (grid box E1-E2)
Thank you for your help and map. I am doing my family tree and the 1911 census shows family living at 12 Harding St

Back