• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HAPPY EASTER

Happy Easter to all of you who are celebrating it this weekend. Greek Orthodox Easter is not until next weekend, but I can't see the usual fireworks, bonfires and BBQs taking place this year. Shame as it is the main celebration of the year for them, not Christmas. Here, sunny but very very windy and only 20C, so not pleasant outside. But enjoy yourselves in any legal way that you can. Nice pics, Lyn :)

Maurice :cool:

Grand excitement! Found a jelly at the back of the cupboard!

Our son has posted a parcel to us for Easter but it doesn't look as if it's going to arrive. We seem to be in a postal black spot here but I'm sure everyone is doing their best.

Love James' hat Lyn - I remember making one for Billy - it was a top hat with a rabbit in it. Oh for those long ago days (he's 22 now).

Going to do an hour in the garden and then relax. Had to dig around in the freezer for something for tomorrow, think it will be a chestnut and mushroom pie of some description.

A Very Happy and Safe Easter to everyone. I'm going to do my darndest to enjoy the day and think of all those people on the front line who don't have the option.

Lady P,

You can't beat a good jelly. After a spell in Hospital in January 2019, I wasn't eating much so Jan bought some raspberry jellies, which I can eat by the dishful. A couple of nights ago I was rummaging in one of the kitchen cupboards, I found two unopened packets. But no space in the fridge to put a dish when made at the moment. :(

Best when they just have a touch of frost on the edge - yummmmyyyy! :p

Last edited:
Grand excitement! Found a jelly at the back of the cupboard!

Our son has posted a parcel to us for Easter but it doesn't look as if it's going to arrive. We seem to be in a postal black spot here but I'm sure everyone is doing their best.

Love James' hat Lyn - I remember making one for Billy - it was a top hat with a rabbit in it. Oh for those long ago days (he's 22 now).

Going to do an hour in the garden and then relax. Had to dig around in the freezer for something for tomorrow, think it will be a chestnut and mushroom pie of some description.

A Very Happy and Safe Easter to everyone. I'm going to do my darndest to enjoy the day and think of all those people on the front line who don't have the option.
do you remember the rowntrees fire in tyburn rd in the 5os?. i had jellies by the wheelbarrow load:grinning:

Happy Easter!
I love the photos of James, brings back happy memories of playing with my grandaughters. One of them is a nurse in Birmingham.
Have you ever made jelly with fizzy lemonade? Make it as usual but with lemonade instead of cold water. I have a jelly but no lemonade!!!
rosie.

L:yn,

Thanks for pointing out the typo! But I can't remember getting that telegram (or whatever they send out these days) from the Queen. :) Enjoy your Easter. I've now spoilt you fun and corrected the typo. o_O

L:yn,

Thanks for pointing out the typo! But I can't remember getting that telegram (or whatever they send out these days) from the Queen. :) Enjoy your Easter. I've now spoilt you fun and corrected the typo. o_O

No telegrams nowadays, Maurice. But you do get a nice card with photograph of HM The Queen< So far this years two ladies on mt Communion list have had them, one showed The Queen in a purple coat and hat, the other a turquoise coat and hat. I wonder if ex-pats get them?

Back