• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

hannah barratt 1766'

hewittbj39

knowlegable brummie
Hi all. I have been researching my 4x grandmother named Elizabeth Barratt baptised 4 Jan 1786 at St Phillips church Birmingham and found that she may have been illegitimate, her mother was Hannah Barratt born1766 in Brum but I cannot find her parents either. I was wondering if anyone has access to St Phillips baptism records to confirm it one way or another any help with the two queries would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Acklam19.

Baptism records that far back reveal very little info.
Baptism of an Elizabeth on 4 January 1784
1680793178254.png
Nothing came up in a search for Hannah.

Hi janice. Thankyou very much for your promt reply and the info given I realise that there must have been a lack of information back then but I am reading into the entry that she must have been illegitimate as no father added or assumed father which sometimes were added back then. But this info is OK by me as my research shows that Elizabeths sons and grandsons all went on to become craftsmen in there own right with some going on to become leaders and heroes in the USA and Australia it must have been the fine Brummie blood. Once again many thanks for the info and picture. Regards Acklam19.

Back