• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Handsworth Technical School

Chris Neale

Brummie babby
Just found this photo.... 1957/8 recognise Geof Caldicot Kenny Shipway Martin Bubb Gordon Eaves Peter Palmer J Wickham Danny ?
& myself !......... sorry can't remember other lads. Back of photo says , league winners & Ansell shield finalists.
Just found this photo.... 1957/8 recognise Geof Caldicot Kenny Shipway Martin Bubb Gordon Eaves Peter Palmer J Wickham Danny ?
& myself !......... sorry can't remember other lads. Back of photo says , league winners & Ansell shield finalists.
20200129_110124.jpg

TIMSY

Hi,
Anyone attending this great institution in the years 1952/55 care to touch bases
It's ok I'm not Ozzi looking for your late English homework.
regards,
Hi I was there 1952 -57 member of the first 6th form of 12 only pupils I have just found this forum and it sure has some info.

Pat Downey

Hi,
Anyone attending this great institution in the years 1952/55 care to touch bases
It's ok I'm not Ozzi looking for your late English homework.
regards,
Yes. I attended HTS from Jan 1953 thru Dec 1955. Loved it, except for Mr. Sheldrake, the chemistry master who always seemed to scare the you-know-what out of me.
Patrick Downey

tim eborn

master brummie
Yes. I attended HTS from Jan 1953 thru Dec 1955. Loved it, except for Mr. Sheldrake, the chemistry master who always seemed to scare the you-know-what out of me.
Patrick Downey
One time Mr Sheldrake was talking away and I was in the front row happily designing a car which was a cross between an Aston Martin DB 2 and a Jaguar and I specified a weight of 12 cwt.
I became aware of a silence as I was sprung and to everyone 's amusement he said something to the effect that I apparently had something more important than his lecture and he proceeded to show everyone my handywork.
My fellow students appreciated the introduction of the light relief as he slowly read my notes aloud and they all laughed at my weight estimation.
With the introduction off such materials as Titanium and Kevlar I think I won in the end and to my suprise I dont recall any other punishment!
There were some sad and sadistic teachers at HTS but dont think he was guilty.

Hi Guys. My first time on this site . . . wonder who I’ll meet! I too still have my anvil - the original wooden one in 2 halves for casting from. I didn’t keep the casting. I also have my blazer badge, and my school reports for several years. I’ve got a list of surnames of my classmates, in my handwriting. If you’re interested I’ll add them to a message. Wow! this is bringing back old memories. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, but it did set me up for a good career.
Dave Williams

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Hi Guys. My first time on this site . . . wonder who I’ll meet! I too still have my anvil - the original wooden one in 2 halves for casting from. I didn’t keep the casting. I also have my blazer badge, and my school reports for several years. I’ve got a list of surnames of my classmates, in my handwriting. If you’re interested I’ll add them to a message. Wow! this is bringing back old memories. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, but it did set me up for a good career.
Dave Williams
hello dave and welcome....hope you enjoy the forum

lyn