• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hancox

pjmburns

master brummie
Thank - that explains why I could not find a marriage. Not being nosey but just the more info we have the easier it gets to help with the search. Colin was born in 1955 registered as Hancox with mother nee Bennett, Judy was 1941 and Yvonne 1945. The strange thing is Arthur Kidner marriage record to Irene Bennett in 1942 - not sure if this is a connection or not. Arthur and Irene Kidner are on the electoral roll in 1955 (last year it is online) at 75 Trimpley Road, Northfield. Arthur died in 1962.

dawnlees60

knowlegable brummie
Thank - that explains why I could not find a marriage. Not being nosey but just the more info we have the easier it gets to help with the search. Colin was born in 1955 registered as Hancox with mother nee Bennett, Judy was 1941 and Yvonne 1945. The strange thing is Arthur Kidner marriage record to Irene Bennett in 1942 - not sure if this is a connection or not. Arthur and Irene Kidner are on the electoral roll in 1955 (last year it is online) at 75 Trimpley Road, Northfield. Arthur died in 1962.
I don't think he was married to my nan as she was still married Edward then and that would of made her a bigamist and she was a lot of things but not that he seems to be a red herring

pjmburns

master brummie
It might be interesting to see who is listed as the Father of one of the children on their birth certificate. If she lived with Arthur then their surname should have been Kidner not Davis wouldn't it? Still doesn't help with where Edward went to.

dawnlees60

knowlegable brummie
I had a thread from someone who said was in the wardend area these are the addresses someone gave me 42 Jardine road 1919 and at 22 Jardine road in 1920 then at 1 Ebenezer cottage furnace lane then 118 Wardend Road from 1925 till 1930 then from 1935 at 43 New John St West if that's any help

dawnlees60

knowlegable brummie
I had a thread from someone who said was in the wardend area these are the addresses someone gave me 42 Jardine road 1919 and at 22 Jardine road in 1920 then at 1 Ebenezer cottage furnace lane then 118 Wardend Road from 1925 till 1930 then from 1935 at 43 New John St West if that's any help

pjmburns

master brummie
I will have a look but just realised (think my brain is on go slow today!) - there is a marriage of Irene Hancox to Arthur Kidner (vol 6d page 1441 Apr to June quarter) which makes me think if it is the right person there was a divorce.
I found the 1935 electoral roll entry which was for Edward and Nellie - I think this might be the Father as his wife was Ellen on the baptismal entry for your Edward. The 1930 entry does say Ellen. What we need is 1933 or 34 to see if Edward junior was listed but that is not online.

dawnlees60

knowlegable brummie
I will have a look but just realised (think my brain is on go slow today!) - there is a marriage of Irene Hancox to Arthur Kidner (vol 6d page 1441 Apr to June quarter) which makes me think if it is the right person there was a divorce.
I found the 1935 electoral roll entry which was for Edward and Nellie - I think this might be the Father as his wife was Ellen on the baptismal entry for your Edward. The 1930 entry does say Ellen. What we need is 1933 or 34 to see if Edward junior was listed but that is not online.
OK I will see whether I can get a marriage certificate can we find out if they divorced thank you for your help