• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hancox

dawnlees60

proper brummie kid
Hi I am looking for relatives of a Edward Henry Hancox he was an able seaman on HMS Whirlwind during WW11 I think his family were originally from Alum Rock but he married my nan in the parish of Duddeston and Nechells any information would be help full please

Edward Henry Hancox I know he was married to a Irene Bennett and they had a son John Edward Hancox born 21st September 1935 after that there is no more information I would appreciate any help at all

Not sure if this refers to him
The electoral rolls show an Edward Henry Hancox as follows:
1919 Absent voters list 42 Jardine Road 4510, Pte., R.M. Eng., R.M.E.
1920 22 Jardine road with ellen Hancox and another Edward Henry Hancox
1922 1 Ebeneezer Cottage, Furnace Lane, with Nellie Hancox
1925-27 With Ellen & Hancox at 118 Ward end Road
1930 With Ellen & Nellie Louisa Hancox at 118 Ward end Road
1935 With Nellis Hancox at 43 New john St West

Not sure if this refers to him
The electoral rolls show an Edward Henry Hancox as follows:
1919 Absent voters list 42 Jardine Road 4510, Pte., R.M. Eng., R.M.E.
1920 22 Jardine road with ellen Hancox and another Edward Henry Hancox
1922 1 Ebeneezer Cottage, Furnace Lane, with Nellie Hancox
1925-27 With Ellen & Hancox at 118 Ward end Road
1930 With Ellen & Nellie Louisa Hancox at 118 Ward end Road
1935 With Nellis Hancox at 43 New john St West
Thank you that may all be helpful I just need to find out if he married an Irene Bennett from 53 Mount Street Nechells

Edward Henry Hancox married Irene Bennett second quarter 1933 in Birmingham. According to Free BMD. regards, J

Edward Henry Hancox I know he was married to a Irene Bennett and they had a son John Edward Hancox born 21st September 1935 after that there is no more information I would appreciate any help at all
Hello Dawn, sorry I've only just come across this thread.
Irene Bennett was my mom's older sister, I think she was born 1914, she had my cousin John born 1935,Roy born 1938, we were in the same class at St Clements School until we left in 1953. Then there was sisters Judy and Yvonne (Bonnie).
Auntie Rene was born at my grans house at 53 Mount Street.
Bryan

Hello Dawn, sorry I've only just come across this thread.
Irene Bennett was my mom's older sister, I think she was born 1914, she had my cousin John born 1935,Roy born 1938, we were in the same class at St Clements School until we left in 1953. Then there was sisters Judy and Yvonne (Bonnie).
Auntie Rene was born at my grans house at 53 Mount Street.
Bryan
Hello Bryan
I have only just come back on the site and seen your message I would love to probably meet you and have a chat I have been in touch with dad's Uncle Harry's son Paul he lives in Australia and he has a sister Susan who lives in Accocks Green perhaps you can message me again look forward to hearing from you

Hello Bryan
I have only just come back on the site and seen your message I would love to probably meet you and have a chat I have been in touch with dad's Uncle Harry's son Paul he lives in Australia and he has a sister Susan who lives in Accocks Green perhaps you can message me again look forward to hearing from you
Hi Bryan just seen your message if you send a message I will look out for it thank you

Back