• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

hamshall power station coleshill

kmt123

master brummie
hi all i am ooking for anyone who worked here in the 50/60's, or any photo's would be great, my husbands dad worked there and were hoping someone may remember him

hi all i am ooking for anyone who worked here in the 50/60's, or any photo's would be great, my husbands dad worked there and were hoping someone may remember him
It would also help to know which "station", either A, B or C. John.

If you type “hams” into the Search and select ‘Search titles only’ four threads will show about the Power Station and might be worth reading :)

I remember going on a school trip to Hams hall power station, not my scene at all Cadbury’s was more up my street

Did a couple of week's work experience there in the test labs in 1957 while still at school, used to cycle over there each day from Garretts Green. Got to wander all around the site, sampling coal and boiler waters, I think "C" station was still being built at that time.

Back