• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hall, william (1892-1970)

Toad

Brummie babby
My Uncle William Hall married Maud Lavinia Moss in 1913 and had 11 children. They are my cousins but because my father, Henry Hall, did not marry till 1950 when I was not born, I did not know any of them. I would love to find out about them and their descendants. The childrens names were Florence Lavinia, Edna Lawrence, Jessie, Maise, Dorothy, Joan, Hazel, May, Olive, William Kenneth & Raymond. They were all born between 1914 and 1930. Any information about the family would be grately appreciated.

Have you checked Ancestry to try and find members with your family in their tree.

I have tried FreeBMD to try and trace descendants but can only go so far with that as you then have to find them in in telephone directories etc. I thought a quicker way would be to used this site.

Hello Toad,

Your Florence L hall born/registered B,ham dec 1914 may have married a Mr Stainton in March 1933, in B,ham age 19
OR a Mr Boddison in Dec 1939 age 25

Your Raymond E Hall b Dec 1931 in B,ham may have married a Cynthia V Humphreys in Sept 1951 (he age 20)

These are probably two of your 13 ( 11 to match or despatch ) & I would suggest getting as much detail as poss from FreeBMD

then looking on Electoral Rolls to trace them all.
Regards John Y

Adding "Hall" births with "Moss" mother as to Toads post. all B,ham or K/norton

Edna L Sept 1919, Jessie Sep 1920, Maisie Dec 1921, Dorothy June 1923, Joan June 1924, Hazel ? March 1926,
William K June 1930 & Raymond E Dec 1931, (( note there was a Richard born Sept 1913 & a Daisy G b March 1914
with "Moss" mother ) possibly yours ?

Last edited:
Hello Toad
Your FLORENCE LAVINA HALL (born 5th November 1914 Kings Norton) married ALBERT LESLIE STAINTON 11th February 1933 St. John's Ladywood.
FLORENCE died 22nd December 1991.

There is a tree on Ancestry regarding Florence and her family

Back